Qatar's Hayya Portal has been relaunched as the official online visa platform for tourists, it offers a seamless visa application process for travelers who need to obtain a visa for up to 30 days to visit Qatar. The announcement, made by Visit Qatar, extends to all nationalities, with GCC residents now also eligible for tourist visas through the portal. In addition to the tourist visa, the Hayya Portal also allows GCC nationals to apply for a GCC Companion Entry Permit, which enables them to enter Qatar along with a resident of Qatar.
If you are not eligible for a visa on arrival in Qatar, you can conveniently apply for a visa online through the Hayya Portal.
The Hayya Portal is accessible through
The Hayya website or the
'Hayya' mobile application For Android
'Hayya' mobile application For IOS
How to apply for Qatar visa online through the Hayya Portal:
There are five visas you can apply for through the Hayya Portal which are as follows:
1. Tourist Visa (A1): This visa is for tourists who wish to visit Qatar for tourism purposes or to visit friends or family. It is valid for up to 30 days and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
2. GCC Resident Visa (A2): This visa is available to residents of all professions in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. It is also valid for up to 30 days and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
3. Visa with ETA (A3): This visa is available for travelers who hold a valid visa or residency in the US, the UK, Canada, Schengen, Australia, or New Zealand. It allows them to enter Qatar with an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) and is valid for up to 30 days.
4. Visa for Companion of the GCC Citizen (A4): This visa is for companions of GCC citizens who wish to travel with them to Qatar. It is also valid for up to 30 days and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
5. 'Hayya with Me' (c): Non-resident Hayya Cardholders who visited Qatar during the FIFA World Cup can invite up to three family members or friends to apply for a Qatar tourist visa through the Hayya Portal using the three voucher codes provided by the Hayya Portal. This allows the applicants to avoid paying the visa processing fee. The Hayya Card will remain valid until January 24, 2024.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying Through Hayya Portal:
To apply for a visa through the portal, UAE residents must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Valid residency of at least three months from the date of arrival in Qatar.
• Confirmed accommodation.
• Return ticket.
• Travel from the country of residence.
• Job title must match the profession stated in the residence visa.
Documents Required for GCC Resident Visa Application in Qatar
GCC residents, including UAE expats, need to submit the following documents:
• Copy of valid residence permit
• Copy of valid passport
• Passport photo taken within the last 12 months.
Process of Applying for Qatar's GCC Resident Visa on the Hayya Portal
How to Apply for Qatar's GCC Resident Visa on the Hayya Portal:
Step 1: Create an Account on Hayya Portal
• Go to the Hayya Portal website and click on "Apply for Hayya."
• If you don't have an account yet, click on "Sign Up."
• Enter your email address and click "Send Verification Code." Enter the verification code you received via email and create a password.
• After creating an account, sign in with your new account details.
• Return to the homepage and click on "Apply for Hayya."
Step 2: Fill in the Application
1. Choose the type of visa you wish to apply for and the purpose of your visit. Select the "GCC Resident Visa (A2)" category.
2. Choose from the following options:
- Sports Event
- Job Seeker
- Business Meeting
- Wedding Party
- Medical Care
- Heritage Tourism
- Friend Visit
- Convention Participation
- Event Participation
- Alternatively, you can select "Others" and provide the reason for your visit.
3. Upload the Required Documents
• Upload your passport photo with correct photo specifications - the photo should not exceed 2MB, taken within the last 12 months, and only JPEG or JPG images are allowed.
• Upload a colored copy of a valid passport with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) visible on the identity page. The MRZ consists of two rows of 44 characters each, located at the bottom of the identity page. The size of the copy should not exceed 2MB, and only JPEG or JPG images are allowed.
• Click on the ‘Save’ button once the documents are uploaded.
• Upload a copy of your valid residency permit, and the Hayya portal system will automatically fill in your full name, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date, gender, nationality, and passport issuing country.
• Select the passport type as ‘Normal’ and click on ‘Validate User’.
4. Enter Residency Information
• Choose your country of birth, and select one of the GCC countries as your country of residence.
• Indicate if you have a previous nationality.
5. Provide job and residency information
• Select your job title from the list of 200 professions available in the drop-down menu. If your job is not listed, select "Others" and manually enter your profession. As per the Hayya Portal guidelines, the job title you provide must match the one stated in your residency permit, otherwise you will not be eligible to enter Qatar.
• Upload a copy of your GCC resident permit or UAE residence visa.
6. Enter accommodation details
According to the Hayya Portal, visitors have two options for accommodation:
• Staying with family or friends – a Qatar resident with an ID will have to register their property on Hayya and invite you as their guest.
• Booking an accommodation – provide the details of your reserved hotel or furnished apartment. It is mandatory for all applicants to have a confirmed accommodation.
7. Provide Contact Information
To proceed with the application, enter your mobile number, emergency contact name, and emergency number.
Step 3: Submit Application and Pay Fee
Steps to Submitting the Application and Paying the Fee:
• Complete the application form.
• Click on 'Review and Submit'.
• Accept the terms and conditions.
• Click on 'Submit' and then 'Confirm'.
• Receive a pop-up notification confirming successful submission and an entry reference number for tracking.
• Pay the fee of QAR100 (Dh100.49) through the Hayya Portal.
Step 4: Obtaining the Hayya Card
• The Hayya Card, which is the entry visa, can be retrieved either through email or via the Hayya app.
• To retrieve the card through the app, tap on 'My Hayya Entry Permit' on the app's homepage, or click on 'My Hayya' on the hayya.qa website.
• It usually takes approximately two to five working days for the Qatar Ministry of Interior (MOI) to approve the application, as stated by the Hayya Portal call center.
Qatar Entry Visa for Family and GCC Residents
• The Hayya Portal allows families to travel together to Qatar, but each individual must complete a separate application form.
• The family members must be GCC residents. In case the dependent is not a GCC resident, they need to submit a separate tourist entry application.
• For GCC residents, visa on arrival is still available if they belong to approved professions. Additionally, GCC residents who are citizens of any of the 95 countries eligible for visa on arrival can also avail this facility.
Qatar Visa on Arrival for GCC Residents and Eligible Countries
• Visa on arrival is still available for GCC residents who belong to approved professions or are citizens of any of the 95 countries eligible for visa on arrival.
• The list of approved professions can be found through this link.
• Nationals of India, Pakistan, Ukraine, Iran, and Thailand can also obtain a visa on arrival, but only if they have a hotel reservation made through the Discover Qatar website - www.discoverqatar.qa. They can stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days.
Hayya Entry Permit Fee
• The Hayya entry permit fee is QAR100 (Dh100.49).
• The payment of the fee is required after the visa is approved.
• It is important to note that the fee is non-refundable.